STICKMEN TO FACE HARD TEST WITH INDIAN TEN

Stahleymen Face Powerful Big Green Squad Minus Services of Captain Hammond

By Richard England

In its first Ivy League match, the Varsity lacrosse team will find one of the most formidable foes of the season in Dartmouth, its opponent this afternoon at 3 o'clock on the Business School Field.

Prospects for a Crimson victory have considerably diminished with Captain Phil Hammond out of the lineup owing to a strained ankle received in Wednesday's match with M.I.T. With Doug Anderson fully recovered from his collar bone injury, the attack will still be strong and, despite Hammond's absence, the Crimson's offensive should break through the Green lines to score.

Indians Beat Penn

Judging from past records, the Indians have a slight advantage. Although losing to Navy and St. John's they crushed Stevens Tech 13 to 2 and edged a 14 to 13 win over Pennsylvania, which secured an 8 to 3 victory over Harvard.

The Hanover ten's all-Senior attack, led by Jim Fuller and Captain Junie Merriam, has been using a quick break down the field and short shots around the goal to make its points. In the goal is one of the country's outstanding not minders, Hank Hastings, who made several all-American teams last year.

Skip Stahley's squad will have a strong midfield.