No Headline

We have several times suggested the propriety of having the different professors and instructors in the college, give a course of lectures on topics of general interest outside the classroom. The anniversary of Martin Luther's birthday which occurs today, brought out a suggestion that Prof. Emerton, who is now delivering a course of lectures in Boston, on Luther should be invited to deliver a lecture on that subject before the students of the university. In yesterday's issue we printed an abstract of a lecture by Pres. Porter of Yale which illustrates what we wish. There are dozens of topics which come up every day outside the class room which interest the students and nothing would be pleasanter or more appropriate than for them to hear these questions discussed by members of the college corps of instructors. Surely there are numbers of professors in our faculty who would attract large audiences in any other place and there is no reason why they should not attract audiences in Cambridge. We urge the Historical Society or the Finance Club, or some such organization to again come forth from its retirement and invite men from among our own instructors to lecture to us and we feel sure that society and the lecturers will feel amply repaid for their efforts.