THE CONCERT.

THE final concert of the season was given by the Pierian Sodality and the Glee Club, last evening, at Lyceum Hall, and was received with the usual favor by their many friends, who could not fail to appreciate and enjoy the carefully selected and well-rendered pieces which the programme offered.

Both clubs gave evidence of the constant practice which they have been under for the past month.

The Pierian played with more precision and accuracy than at any concert given by them this past year. Especially fine was their rendering of the three movements from the Symphony in D from Haydn, and the Friedrichs March, which received a well-deserved encore.

The Glee Club sustained their part with their usual excellence. They gave "Now is the Month of Maying" with much spirit, greatly to the pleasure of the audience, who excused some slight inaccuracies, and demanded a repetition.

The piece which particularly added to the credit of the club was the Serenade, by Storch, with its pathetic tenor solo, and humming accompaniment, rendered with such smoothness and accuracy as to call forth a demand for an encore.

Mr. Szemelenyi's tenor solo and Mr. Finck's 'cello solo were honored with encores, as usual.

The concert was in every way superior to any previous concert of the year; and great credit is due to the efforts of the leaders of the two organizations, who have worked faithfully to make their clubs of the first order in every respect.

The members of '75 connected with both the Pierian and the Glee Club may feel well satisfied with their last appearance before their Cambridge friends.

Notwithstanding the length of the concert, the Glee Club improved the "wee sma' hours" by serenading in the vicinity.

THE Class-Day Committee would ask that all students rooming on the quadrangle, who occupy ground-floor rooms which do not face on the Yard, be particularly careful to lock their windows on Class-Day evening. This precaution is absolutely necessary, both for protection of students' property, and for rendering the roping in of the Yard effectual.