THE BOAT-HOUSE.

THE following plan of disposing of the Boat house seems now possible to be carried out, and has certainly met the approval of the "authorities."

The College is to have the Boat-house on condition of paying off the existing mortgage and fixing up the second story with two hundred or more lockers, a bath-room, with shower-baths, bath-tub, hand basins, etc., and a reading or sitting room. There are to be reserved for the University Crew their present room up stairs and one compartment down stairs.

To pay the College for the investment, Mr. Blakey is to hire the building on a lease of five years, at 10 per cent of the whole cost to the College, the College repairing. This, or something very like it, Mr. Blakey is willing to do, if the clubs decide, in the next year's agreement, to pay him $ 16.50 a m m, instead of $ 15.00. That is $ 1.50 for the use of lockers and bath-room.

That the advantages are fully worth the money, no one doubts, and to carry it out, it only remains that the clubs should meet and make the necessary change in their constitution.

It is also proposed by Mr. Blakey that hereafter the secretary of each club should give to those entitled, and desiring, to become members of the club a ticket; that they should present that ticket to him, and on payment of the money to Blakey himself, receive another ticket, admitting them to full membership. The secretary of each club can keep a list of members, and see that the right number of boats is provided.

By this plan the person most interested in collecting the money will collect it, and those paying will pay it just at the moment that they reap the benefits of it; both sound principles of political economy.