REGATTA RULES.

WE print the agreement between Harvard and Yale in regard to the Regatta at Springfield. The rules under which the race is to be rowed are substantially the same as those in force at Saratoga.

Agreement between the Boat-Clubs of Harvard and Yale Universities with reference to an eight-oared four-mile straight-away race.

ART. I. All members of the University who are candidates for the degree of A. B., B. S., or Ph. B., who have been pursuing their studies for nine months previous to the day of the race; or candidates for the degree of LL. B., B. D., M. D., Ph. D., or A. M., who have been pursuing their studies for one term previous to the day of the race, shall be eligible to row on the University crew; provided, however, that all candidates for the last five degrees above named, to wit: LL. B., B. D., M. D., Ph. D., A. M., shall have previously taken the degree of A. B., B. S., or Ph. B., from the college on whose crew they are to row.

[No graduate shall be considered candidate for a degree unless his name is in the catalogue, or unless he shall present, if desired, a certificate of membership in one of the departments above named, signed by the Secretary of college or other proper authority.]

ART. II. The race shall be rowed on June 30, 1876.

ART. III. The race shall be rowed at Springfield, Mass.

ART. IV. The race shall be rowed upon suitable water, as defined by the Umpire, and in accordance with the laws of Oxford and Cambridge racing.

ART. V. A gentleman of reputation shall be chosen as Umpire. The fact that he is a graduate of either College shall not debar him from serving in that capacity. Each College shall make a nomination for that position, and if the nomination be accepted by the other College, the final choice shall then be decided by lot.