FRESHMAN FOOT-BALL.

THE Freshman foot-ball match with Yale last Saturday was a decided success. The game was played at Hamilton Park, New Haven, in the presence of about four hundred people. Our team won the toss and kicked with the sun at their backs.

At first Yale kept the ball well toward their opponents' goal-line, and at one time nearly succeeded in kicking a goal from the field. Before the first half of the game was over, however, they were forced back, and Atkinson, by a brilliant rush, obtained a touch-down for Harvard and a goal was kicked by De Windt. No further advantage was gained by either side.

Of the Yale eleven, Merrill and Borie distinguished themselves, - the former by his superb rushes, the latter by his kicking. De Windt and Atkinson played faultlessly for our side. The umpire for Yale was Mr. Camp, of the Y. U. Eleven; for Harvard, Mr. Lincoln, '79; Referee, Mr. Crehore, of the Resolutes.

The politeness and hospitality of Yale was deeply appreciated, and after the handsome supper given to our eleven, both teams parted on the best of terms with a "Good by till Thanksgiving!

- Three times three for '81!"

The teams were as follows: -

YALE.Rushers. Fuller, Travers, Fargo, Ives, Lamb.

Half-backs. Hutchins, Borie, Merrill, Durand.

Backs. Brewster, Bacon.

HARVARD.Rushers. Upham (Capt;), Avery, Morse, North, Howe, Atkinson.

Half-backs. Thayer, Adams, Osborn.

Backs. De Windt, Foster.

Substitute. Stetson.

One of the Yale men was hurt, and Powers took his place.

J. S.