AT OTHER COLLEGES

Yale.

- Banger rushes have been forbidden the Freshmen on penalty of punishment equal to that which fell to the share of the Sophomores last year.

- Eight Freshmen are training for the class crew, and thirteen or fourteen are trying for the class nine.

Behold the superior attractions of base ball!

The recent misconduct of the Sophomores has led the Faculty to seriously consider the abolishment of the Delta Kappa and Kappa Sigma E societies.?

Tufts.- Notman has been engaged as class photographer.

- There will probably be a week's vacation some time in April.

- Dr. Harris's farce of "Chums" is to be brought out by the dramatic association.

- The Athletic Association will not enter the intercollegiate contests this year. The regular spring contest will take place in May.

- Professor Dolbear has recently received from Dubosque, Paris, the last of the consignment of philosophical apparatus ordered by Professor Marshall when in Europe last year, consisting of designs in selenite, sections of quartz and quartzware plates of mica for study in polarized light, prism of salt, apparatus for conical refraction, and a saccharimeter.

Cambridge.- The Fishmongers' Company have made a grant of a hundred guineas to the Building Fund of Girton College.

- The present year is the Jubilee year of the Oxford and Cambridge Match, the first Inter-University cricket match having taken place at Lord's in 1827.

- The Bicycle Club is in a flourishing state. Excursions will take place weekly, and probably some runs at the end of the term.

Dartmouth.- The Glee Club hope soon to give a concert at Lebanon.

- It is feared that Dartmouth will have only Wesleyan to row against at New London.

- A score of Juniors are working for Junior Exhibition, and thirty Seniors for Commencement.

Cornell.- There are five hundred and twenty-six students now in college.

- Trouble is brewing about the Gymnasium. Tenpin ball and Indian club do not get the needed rest upon the Sabbath, and the Gymnasium officers are accused of carelessness.

Miscellaneous.- Twenty Chinese students are members of the various New England Colleges.

- Oxford University has an income of $ 1,000,000, a library of 520,000 volumes, and 1,300 undergraduates.

- The students of Williston Seminary, at East Hampton, Mass., are taking a lively interest in boating. They have purchased a shell, and have challenged the Hopkins Grammar School at New Haven.

- Each of the members of the Senior Class at Trinity College, Hartford, Conn., is obliged to write a poem of one hundred lines, and one of the subjects which have been given is "The Bennett-May Duel."

- The School of Homoeopathy falls to receive fair play at the University of Michigan. Dr. Palmer, an allopathist, lately gave a lecture to the students on the homoeopathic method of preparing medicines. The homoeopathists can get no room in which to reply.

- The next graduating class at Bowdoin College will number forty. This class started with about eighty men. It was the largest class when entering that the college has had for years, and it will be one of the largest to graduate.

- Mr. Archibald Alexander, a recent graduate of Princeton College, has lately been appointed by the Trustees of Columbia Adjunct Professor in the Department of Moral and Intellectual Philosophy, to assist Professor Nairne. Mr. Alexander enters upon his duties fortified with two years of special study at Berlin and Vienna.

- The following changes have been made in the Faculty of Princeton: Professor Stephen Alexander has given up the active duties of the Astronomical department, becoming Emeritus Professor; Professor Young, of Dartmouth, has been appointed to the Associate Professorship of Astronomy; Dr. Charles G. Rockwood, of Rutgers College, has been associated with Professor Duffield in the mathematical department. S. S. Orris, of Marietta College, O., has been given the Professorship of Greek.