THE STATUE OF JOSIAH QUINCY.

TO THE EDITORS OF THE CRIMSON:-

Now that we have all become familiar with the unsightly packing-case at Memorial, I would respectfully suggest to the powers that be that it would be a pleasing change if it could be removed and the statue placed in position. It is at least a month since the statue arrived, and all that has yet been done is to remove the front of the box. If the authorities have got thoroughly rested after this arduous operation, it would be desirable that they should proceed to the next step. I suppose, of course, that nobody is responsible for the delay, but would suggest that there must be some individual, or body of individuals, who would have the power to make the desired change.

The most suitable place for the statue seems to be the back of the stage of Sanders Theatre. Professor Norton, who was one of the gentlemen interested in having the statue brought to this country, is in favor of this position. It certainly should not be placed in the transept, and there does not seem to be any good place for it in the Dining-Hall.

J.