SNODKINS'S VISION.

ALAS! poor Snodkins! may his cheek decrease!

While sleeping off the effects of Class Day sprees,

Dreamt that within the Secretary's room

(That place where many Freshmen hear their doom)

An ancient maiden writing he did spy.

Exceeding beer had rendered Snodkins "high,"

So to the maiden at the desk he said,

"What yer writin' 'bout? "The maiden raised her head,

And answered, as she looked him through and through

"The names of members dropped from '82."

"H'm! got me down?" said Snodkins. "I don't know,"

Replied the maiden. Snodkins spoke more slow:

"Well, when yer get the t'me, just put me, then,

Down on the list of uncondition' men."

Then Snodkins smiled and vanished. The next day

Straight to the bulletin board he made his way,

And saw the names of those who had not passed, -

But, oh! the name of Snodkins was the last.

E. J. W.THE fourth ten of the Institute of 1770 are as follows: Baldwin, Wister, Fellows, Prince, Lawrence, Gorman, Warner, Kent, Buell, Lord.

TIME 11.30 P.M. The Black Maria drives swiftly through Bowdoin Square.

Freshman (in the distance). - Gad, Jack, we must run for it, there goes our car. (Fact.)

THE following are the subjects for Themes in English 5: "Is it desirable that a literary class should exist in this country?" "Is it worth while to write a play that is not suitable for the stage?"

THE Natural History Society starts this year in a flourishing condition, and hopes to give its usual course of lectures in March. They will probably be given by some of the first scientists of the country.

THE Arion Quartette has been reorganized as follows: First Tenor, Brigham, '80; Second Tenor, Tuckerman, '82; First Bass, Keene, '80; Second Bass, Brackett, '80; Pianist, William Richardson, L. S.

THE following is the subject for the next debate in English 6: "Resolved, that the popular judgment in politics is more correct than that of the educated classes." The speakers on the affirmative are Gardiner, Pew, and Hall, and on the negative, Allen, Tiffany, and Russell. Visitors are admitted.

A LARGE and enthusiastic meeting was held last Friday for the purpose of forming a Chess Club. The following officers were elected: President, W. S. Andrews, '80; Vice-President, H. I. Thomsen, '81; Secretary, J. A. C. Wright, '81; Treasurer, H. M. Hubbard, '82. The club intend to procure and furnish a room. A meeting to adopt constitution and transact other business will be held Thursday. The managing committee of the American Chess Congress have written, urging that the club be represented at the National Congress to be held in New York this winter. It is hoped the club will be able to send a representative. Those wishing to join, etc., may apply to the Secretary, 9 Grays.

ATTENTION is called to the advertisement of Dr. Tourjee's Conservatory of Music on page vii. This establishment is well adapted to meet the musical wants of Harvard men.

HERR MAURICE KEIL (from Saxony), Teacher of German, will be happy to read with Undergraduates from German classical authors, or other standard works; or give private instructions in the German Language.

Herr M. Keil begs to say that he has been engaged in tuition for above twenty years in England, and that he was resident German master at Oxford for four years and a half, where his teaching was much appreciated. For further particulars and terms, apply to Herr M. Keil, 12 Dunster Street, Cambridge.