A MEETING OF THE F - Y.

GREAT interest having been manifested in the heretofore secret proceedings of a certain band of conspirators known to the College as the Ferocity, your correspondent, disguised as a poco, succeeded in obtaining entrance to their place of meeting, where, carefully concealed, he remained, a silent, but interested spectator of the proceedings.

The presiding officer having succeeded, after an infinite deal of trouble, in calling the meeting to order, announced that a large sum of money had been bequeathed to the honorable institution which they (the Ferocity) represented, and that this sum was at their disposal, to be spent in any way they saw fit, - setting aside a certain sum for a new dormitory (rooms to be obtained for the paltry sum of $500 and upward), or else a new recitation hall (to be provided with wooden benches, candles, shutters, cold draughts, one small blackboard for each room, and all other modern improvements). The residue of the legacy was at their disposal.

After some unimportant discussion, a gentleman known as the Resister arose, saying, "As a matter of fact, the money would be best employed in meeting the running expenses of the College, including stationery used in posting notices, damages to the barbers of Cambridge, and chemicals to remove paint stains. I don't know that I have any motion to make, for the case is tolerably evident."

"I move, Mr. President," said a venerable and benevolent-looking professioner, "that the entire sum be expended in plank walks, in order that the students may attend morning prayers and recitations in bad weather without danger of taking cold."

This was at once opposed. Professioner Geo. Loger suggested that, in the present state of the college finances, walks were out of the question, unless the prices of rooms could be raised. This expense could also be met by building an L to There, - a step rendered almost a necessity by the present overcrowded condition of that edifice; or else the janitors might be hired for one day only in each week. He moved that the money be devoted to building a place of confinement for suspended men, and supporting them there at their own-cost. This motion, however, was not seconded.

"That is to say, we must carefully differentiate between these proposals," remarked another. "That is to say, it is quite evident that the interests of the College demand more extended instruction in Greek; that is to say, since the present wide-spread enthusiasm for Latin, this noble tongue is much neglected; that is to say, I propose to establish several new courses in Greek."

A professioner attended by a black slave objected to this most decidedly, intimating that in his last speech he had taken the same ground.

Several motions were made and lost. At last a little gentleman arose, and, moving excitedly about in his seat, broke out: "I zink ze money had better not be touched, presently; maintenant, ze inwards of Olden need decoration, which zing I move."

"And I move, as an amendment," exclaimed an impulsive youth, blushing deeply, "that the sum be devoted to the purchase of saddle-horses for the tutors."

This motion created such a sensation that a dozen gentlemen rose to their feet at once; and some confusion ensued, in the midst of which a learned professioner shouted, telling off the words on his fingers, "Use your brains, gentlemen; use what brains you have!" At this, the meeting broke up with considerable disturbance, the last speaker heading a rush for the door.

FEF.