SPORTING COLUMN.

THROUGH lack of space we have been forced to omit an account of the successes of Myers and Merrill during the past summer. We give below, however, the other records at standard games which have been broken.

The 120-yards hurdle record was lowered 1/8 of a second at the Championship Games, September 24 last, by W. T. Tivey, Williamsburgh Athletic Club, who covered the distance in 17 1/8 sec., the best previous record being 17 1/4 sec., by H. E. Ficken, New York Athletic Club, at Mott Haven, Oct. 12, 1878.

Throwing the hammer, also at the last Championship Games on September 24, F. L. Lambrecht, Pastime Athletic Club, succeeded in making a record of 89 ft. 8 in., the best previous record being 88 ft. 3 3-5 in., by C. A. J. Queckberner, Scottish American Athletic Club, at the Manhattan Polo Grounds, Nov. 1, 1880.

At the Canadian Championships at Montreal, on October 1, L. P. MacDonnell, Glengarry, broke the record at putting the shot, covering 39 ft. 1/4 in., the best previous record being 38 ft. 3 3-5 in., by J. A. Fullerton, Montreal Lacrosse Club, at the Montreal Lacrosse Club Games, July 5, 1880.

The 2-mile bicycle record was lowered at the games of the American Athletic Club at the Polo Grounds, New York, last Saturday, by W. Smith, New York City, who rode the distance in 6 min. 8 1/2 sec., the best previous record being 6 min. 27 sec., by W. S. Clark, New York Bicycle Club, at the American Institute Rink, New York, Feb. 14, 1880.