THE PIERIAN CONCERT.

THE Annual Concert of the Pierian Sodality took place on last Tuesday evening in Lyceum Hall. The audience was unusually large, quite filling the Hall; this would have been very complimentary to the Club at any time, and it may be regarded as especially encouraging, considering the storm of Tuesday. The Club was assisted by Mr. Albert Van Raalte, violin soloist, and Mr. N. M. Brigham, tenor; also a quartette from the Glee Club, consisting of Mr. N. M. Brigham, first tenor; Mr. M. H. Morgan, second tenor; Mr. J. Dorr, first bass; Mr. F. H. Brackett, second bass.

Mr. Van Raalte's brilliant execution of the difficult Wieniawski Fantasia was highly appreciated by the audience, and received a hearty encore, to which he responded with Reber's exquisite little Berceuse. The singing of the quartette, under the charge of Mr. Brackett, was much enjoyed by the audience, despite the noticeable effect of colds upon the voices, which prevented a response to an encore in the first selection. Mr. Brigham's solo was warmly encored.

Everything considered, the Sodality may congratulate themselves on the success of their Spring Concert.