FACT AND RUMOR.

Lampoon out today.

Glee Glub rehearsal this evening.

Lecture in Chemistry 2 at 10 A. M. tomorrow.

Mr. Otis, '81, returned from a trip to Florida yesterday morning.

Billy, the postman, says his Christmas present comes in handy now.

Yesterday was Founder's Day at Cornell, and consequently no college exercises were held.

Mr. F. R. Burton addressed the Massachusetts Woman Suffrage Association yesterday afternoon.

Notwithstanding the bad weather, there was a very good attendance at chapel yesterday morning.

Some of the appointments in elocution have been suspended until after the mid-year examinations.

A New York broker says Oscar Wilde is "straddling the market" - short on trousers and long on brains.

A large attendance is now noted at the gymnasium, as well as at the library. "Mens sana in corpore sano."

Mr. G. T. Hartshorn, '82, who has been connected with the Pierian Sodality for the last three years, has resigned.

There is considerable complaint in regard to the reading-room of the library being uncomfortably cold for those studying.

The Christian Brethren meet this evening at 7.30 at Stoughton 18, for the election of officers. All members are requested to be present.

The clock at Memorial Hall is over five minutes fast, and the belated arrival after prayers is apt to find his breakfast "all gone down stairs, sah."

The engineering department at Bowdoin has suspended - on account of the departure of its professor.

"Cooke's New Chemistry" will not be used as a text book in Freshman Chemistry. "Thorpe's Chemistry" will be used for a reference book.

The order of the mid-year examinations brings about some curious freaks of chance. Several men have an entire week free from work. "What will they do with it?"

As all orders for class photographs have to be handed in by March 1st, the class committee earnestly request members of '82 to make appointments for sittings immediately.

We would inform our contributors that at present we have considerable room in our waste basket for the insertion of poems about "Beautiful Snow," "Down from Angels' Wings," etc.

The next text book to be used in Prof. Cook's section of Freshman German is "Parabeln von Friedrich Kurmmacher." Messrs. Lutz and Sheldon's sections will read "Novellenschatz," volume 14.

The subject yesterday in English 7 (English Literature) was "Scott," by Mr. Copeland, '82. The subject for next week will be the lesser poets of the beginning of the century. The course is open to visitors.

All whose seats in Sever 11 for the Greek Literature lectures were below 110 will keep the same seats for the Greek Etymology lectures; all above 110 will find the numbers of their seats posted on the door of Sever 11.

Professor S. Wells Williams of Yale College says the story of the beheading of Chin Chin Chan, formerly a student there, must be apocryphal. He cannot trace the letter said to have been received, and is certain no beheading could have been done at Hong Kong, as reported, for that is an English province.

More violin players are wanted in the Pierian. There will probably be another examination of candidates soon.

The demand for reserved seats at the Tigers' ball has exceeded the supply, necessitating the construction of new boxes.

Mr. Pach is very busy at present filling appointments for photographing seniors. He will soon issue his circular containing the names of the senior class and the college officers and instructors, together with a list of views about college; students can then make up their orders for pictures.

We are happy to announce that one of our students - a protege of ours - has undertaken the preparation of a new series of class-room anecdotes and ironclads (jokes) for the use of college professors. We predict for the work a rapid sale in this institution. - [Academica.