TELEGRAPHIC BREVITIES.

FROM THE BOSTON HERALD.

The deadlock in the Albany legislature is still fast.

Some public schools in Pennsylvania have closed on account of small-pox.

One boy killed and nine persons injured by an explosion of nitro-glycerine in New York.

A complimentary benefit is tendered to Mr. Warren of the Museum by many prominent citizens.

The committee on appropriations have voted $43,000,000 to defray the expenses of the postal service.

Hon. F. A. Hobart is in Washington as a candidate for the position of surveyor of the port of Boston.

It is said that Scoville will ask for a new trial for Guiteau on the ground that the jury read newspapers.

The billiard match between Vigneaux and Slosson will last five evenings. 600 points will be played each evening.

A new railroad scheme is proposed, by which patrons will be able to breakfast in Boston and take supper in Chicago.

The Pacific Bank will probably continue business, as $300,000 of the assessment on the stockholders have been responded to in cash.

The Sherman funding bill has become the "Davis bill" by the adoption of an amendment which strikes from the bill the five years' limit of time for the bonds.

Of the 23 students of Princeton College, arraigned at Princeton, N. J., yesterday, for disorderly conduct, five pleaded not guilty, and will be tried. The remainder made no plea, and were each fined $20.

THE WEATHER.WASHINGTON, D. C., Jan. 28, 1882-1 A. M. For New England, fair weather during the day, northwest winds, shifting to east and south, with cloudy weather; rising, followed by falling barometer, and slight rise in temperature.