City Manager Talks Cambridge Emergency Shelter, Discourages Street Closures in Council Meeting

On Leave Due to COVID-19 Concerns, Forty-Three Harvard Dining Workers Risk Going Without Pay

Harvard Prohibits Non-Essential University Travel Until May 31, International Travel Cancelled Until August 31

Ivy League Will Not Allow Athletes to Compete as Grad Students Despite Shortened Spring Season

‘There’s No Playbook’: Massachusetts Political Campaigns Navigate a New Coronavirus Reality

No Headline

In the general discussion which has in the past taken place as to the advantages and disadvantages of tours during the vacation by the musical clubs, much has been said of the pleasant graduate reunions at the concerts in various cities. There is, however, a still more legitimate field for the clubs which seems to have been rather neglected.

So far this year, with the exception of the Pierian Concert, only one musical entertainment has been given in Cambridge, and ordinarily there are but two, one in the fall and one in the spring. We would suggest that, if practicable, a series of "pop" concerts, or informal smokers, would be well attended, and would serve to give the college itself the benefit of the ability possessed by all the clubs.

The chief difficulty would be to obtain a suitable hall. None could be found of course, to answer the purpose as well as a University Club, but lacking that, some other accommodations might be obtained. At all events the effort would be well worth while, for such concerts would not only be thoroughly acceptable to the college, but would also provide a much needed incentive for the clubs.