Anthropology Dept. Forms Eight Committees in Response to Harassment and Gender Bias Concerns
Harvard Cancels Summer 2021 Study Abroad Programming
UC Showcases Project Shedding Light on How Harvard Uses Student Data
Four Bank Robberies Strike Cambridge in Three Weeks
After a Rocky Year, Harvard Faces an Uncertain Economic Climate in 2021, Hollister Says
1. No college club or athletic association shall play or compete with professionals.
2. No person shall assume the functions of trainer or instructor in athletics upon the grounds, or within the buildings of the college, without authority in writing from the committee.
3. No student shall enter as a competitor in any athletic sport, or join any college athletic club as an active member, including base-ball, foot-ball, cricket, lacrosse and rowing associations, without a previous examination by the director of the gymnasium, and his permission so to do.
4. From the beginning of the college year 1883-84 no person shall be admitted as a member of any class or university crew unless he knows how to swim.
5. All match games outside of Cambridge shall be played upon Saturday, unless permission to play on other days is first obtained from the committee.
D. A. SARGENT, Secretary.HARVARD UNIVERSITY, Oct. 7, 1882.
Want to keep up with breaking news? Subscribe to our email newsletter.