No Headline

As the time approaches for the next game of ball with Yale, conjectures as to the probable result of the game become more frequent. Those who have not watched closely the scores of our Nine and of Yale's - men whose opinion has little value - say openly that our chances of success are few. Others who have been carefully comparing each score as it reaches us are in a much more hopeful frame of mind. We sympathize entirely with the latter, and shall wait until the next game is lost before giving up the hope of winning the series, and the championship. The match with Amherst on Wednesday has strengthened our hopes. Ernst's pitching in the fourth and fifth innings was particularly fine. Howe's catching throughout the game was marred by one error only, and that one gained the other side no advantage. Tyng's return to the field seemed to add new vigor to the Nine. The fielding everywhere was fine. With such a game before us, and the prospect of ten days' more practice, we have every reason to be encouraged. There is but one thing more wanted to increase the chances of success; that is, that the Nine should have the bodily support of a number of Harvard men at the next Yale game. Every one should consider that his presence at or absence from New Haven on the 24th will affect the result of the game to a considerable extent. Each man who cares to see Harvard victorious should make a point of helping to win the game, by being present at it. Doubtless the same advantageous terms will be again offered by the railway company, so that the journey to Yale will be easy and inexpensive.