FACT AND RUMOR.

There will be a recitation in Greek 2 this morning.

The library is lively with the presence of freshmen.

Miss Ulmar seems to capture the hearts of Yale fellows.

Engraving establishments are sending circulars to seniors.

Rev. Joseph May will preach in the College Chapel tomorrow.

There is much speculation as to the tug-of-war this afternoon.

The University of Michigan will present a French play this spring.

Yale College has petitioned the legislature to be exempt from taxation.

Several men have recently been summoned for whispering in chapel.

The Everett Athenaeum gave a very enjoyable entertainment last evening.

The dress rehearsal of the Pi Eta Juniors takes place Thursday afternoon.

Found. - In a recitation room, a purse. Inquire at the office, 5 University.

Mr. Knowles, '82, has returned to college, after an absence of some weeks, occasioned by sickness.

Messrs. Pach and Sargent still complain that the seniors are very dilatory in making their appointments.

Pennsylvania University Athletic Association have a benefit at the Opera House, Philadelphia, early in May.

The Zuni Indians attended the minstrel performance at the Globe last evening. They seemed to enjoy it immensely.

Sullivan, the prize-fighter, declines to meet Eagan with bare knuckles, and so virtually surrenders his title of "champion."

The expenses of the '82 tug-of-war team will be about $35. Members of '82 who wish to subscribe toward defraying this can do so through any of the team.

The report was current in Boston yesterday that Prof. Dunbar is to become editor-in-chief of the Boston Advertiser, but the rumor was denied by Mr. Dunbar.

At the sale of pictures at Williams & Everett's yesterday Schreyer's "Arab Scouts" brought $2675; Camphausen's "Bismarck and Napoleon III.," $2750.

The management of the athletic meeting have invited the Zuni Indians to be present this afternoon and give their war dance. It is probable that they will accept. It will certainly add much to the interest of the occasion.

Mr. Drennan's Tuesday morning conferences hereafter will be taken up with the reading of Macaulay's Essay on Warren Hastings. When that is finished and the laws of argumentative composition are under discussion, one of Burke's speeches will be read as an example.

PARLOR BED. PAINE'S new parlor bed is very convenient. A number of very fine dressing case beds are now being placed in the ware rooms at the manufactory, 141 Friend street, Boston.