LACROSSE.

A Victory for Harvard - 3 to 0.

The game between the University of New York and the Harvards took place Saturday afternoon. Two half hours were decided upon. Play commenced at 3.10, and the ball was soon forced near the New Yorkers' goal, where it staid for most of the half hour; twice only did they succeed in driving the ball near our goal.

The second half was like the first; the Harvards keeping the ball close to their opponents' goal most of the time. Many tries for goal were made, but the New York team, bunching their men round goal, played an excellent defense. Towards the end of the half Henry threw a goal, but owing to contrary decisions of the umpires it was not allowed.

Following are the two teams : Harvard - Easton (goal), Davis, Marquand, Noble, Thorndike, Ennis, Sturgis, Bradley, Coit, Machado, Henry and Creesy. University of New York - White (goal), Pearce, Dunning, Townsend, Cobb, Nichols, Kingsley, Rockwell, Crossett, Gerndt (capt.), H. W. Skerry and A. T. Skerry, Jr.

Referee, S. Macdonald, captain of the Union Lacrosse team.

Judges - For the University of New York, A. P. Atwood and A. R. Marsh; for Harvard, A. R. McNair and W. A. Bancroft.