FUNERAL OF PROF. KO KUN-HUA.

Funeral services over the body of Prof. Ko Kun Hua were held in Appleton Chapel yesterday noon. The remains were carried up the aisle and placed in front of the pulpit. They were followed by President Eliot with Professor Ko's eldest son, - who was dressed in a white Chinese suit, - a mandarin, Rev. Dr. Holland, and a few friends. The remains were enclosed in a casket, on top of which were placed his mandarin hat and a necklace of beads of a peculiar kind, which was the insignia of his rank in China. The exercises commenced with the singing of a German funeral song by a choir of students. Prof. C. C. Everett then made remarks, an abstract of which we give: We gather to pay the last sad offices of the church to one who was proud to hold the faith of his own nation. He is gone. Some feel that they have lost a dear and loving friend. All are filled with tender sympathy for his family. In all the relations of life he was tender and thoughtful. For the services to which he was called here his work was earnest and faithful. The death of Prof. Ko seems, to our mortal reason, untimely. He had acquired some knowledge of our language and civilization. He longed that Chinese children should understand the English language. He was a teacher to all who came to know and esteem him. He taught us that the gentleman and scholar, the earnest and true man, is always the same. After the address, Prof. Everett offered prayer, and the choir sang a hymn from the chapel collection by Whittier. After the singing of the hymn the remains were taken back to Prof. Ko's residence. While the body was being taken out of the chapel Prof. Paine performed the "Dead March in Saul."