FACT AND RUMOR.

Balliol is now the largest of the Oxford colleges.

Yale is soon to have a concert by the banjo and guitar club.

The "Persae" of AEschylus will be produced at Weimer during the present month.

The sparring bout between J. Lee and W. H. Page will not take place next Saturday.

Yale has decided not to accept the challenge of the University of Pennsylvania for an eight-oared race.

It is stated on good authority that the price of board at Memorial will not exceed $5 per week for the term.

The Yale hare and hounds club had their first run on Saturday. Is it not time for our club to announce a run?

The lacrosse club had a lively practice game on Saturday. Lacrosse may be considered one of the fixtures. - [News.

Horace E. Scudder commenced yesterday a course of lectures before the Lowell Institute on "Childhood in Literature and Art."

If one hundred more boarders are not obtained before March 29, the Memorial Hall Dining Association will have to be dissolved.

An exchange states that it is so difficult to write in the style of AEschylus and Sophocles because the Attic is to be reached only by the highest flights.

Ginn, Heath & Co., of Boston, offer to undertake the publishing of the proposed college song book, if Mr. Brewer of Chicago should fail in the attempt.

The men who have signed for tickets to the athletic meetings can get them Thursday at 10 o'clock, at 14 Holworthy. There will be a few extra tickets for sale.

The astounding information reaches us that under the auspices of the Prince of Wales a return is being made in England to the use of the deux temps waltz in place of the trois temps.

Col. Bancroft has appointed Dr. Walter J. Otis surgeon of the 5th Regiment, with the rank of major. Dr. Otis has been detailed to serve on the board for the examination of medical officers of the militia.

PARLOR BED. PAINE'S new parlor bed is very convenient. A number of very fine dressing case beds are now being placed in the warerooms at the manufactory, 141 Friend street, Boston.