FACT AND RUMOR.

Daniel Pratt has appeared once more.

The Yale class races will take place on May 24.

Princeton has the largest telescope of any college in the country, costing $26,000. [Ex.

The candidates for the Mott Haven team will probably go to a training table in a few days.

The American team which plays Harvard today defeated Yale recently by a score of 2 goals to 1.

Polo on roller skates gained great popularity among the Bowdoin students during the past winter.

The New Haven Union suggests that the first picture of Quip is in Du Maurier's style, and reminds one of the Venus of Milo.

Mr. S. S. Watson, '85, lectured in History 13, Thursday, giving the substance of a thesis on the "Distribution of surplus revenue."

A concert will be given for the benefit of the Yale navy at New York, on May 30th, in which the Yale Banjo Club will participate.

The lacrosse game today between the American team and Harvard will undoubtedly be a fine game, and should be attended by a large number of students. The game will begin promptly at 3 o'clock.

Tickets for the lacrosse game this afternoon may be bought at Leavitt and Peirce's, of members of the team, and on the grounds. Price 25 cents.

The freshman nine will leave the Old Colony depot for Quincy on the 1.50 train today. It is hoped that a large number of the class will go with the team.

The Yale freshmen decided Thursday to insist upon having the game with our freshmen played at New Haven, on May 24. Comments are unnecessary.

In yesterday's Globe a column and a half was devoted to a report of the Union Presidential Convention ; extracts from the nominating speeches being reported.

The Courant is authority for the statement that Harris, pitcher of the Amherst team, says he will take the whole responsibility of the championship on his shoulders.

Lionel Tennyson, a son of Alfred Tennyson, who has just devoted not a little time to the study of Indian and Persian religions, has a poem in the Courant entitled "Mutatis Mutandis." [Ex.

Hyndman has resigned from the candidates for the Yale University crew, owing to some trouble between himself and Cook the coach ; Hobbs taking the vacant place. His loss will be materially felt by the crew.

It is likely that there will be a change in the length of the pull of the tug-of-war teams of the I. C. A. A. from ten to five minutes ; the cause being the change from pulling in the dirt to pulling on cleats.

Messrs. Goodwin and Cornell, the coaches for the Columbia crews, think that notwithstanding the candidates for the Columbia university are light, they will give Harvard a tough struggle next June.

Allen of the Harvards is now doing excellent work behind the bat, and if his present high standard is maintained in championship contests, it won't be the fault of the battery if the crimson doesn't come out ahead. [Ex.

The section in Political Economy I. has finished the study of Mill under Prof. Laughlin. Prof. Dunbar will now take the course until the close of the year. The book to be used will be a pamphlet entitled, "Financial Legislation of the United States," which may be had at Sector's.