Undergraduates Celebrate Second Consecutive Virtual Housing Day

Dean of Students Office Discusses Housing Day, Anti-Racism Goals

Renowned Cardiologist and Nobel Peace Prize Winner Bernard Lown Dies at 99

Native American Nonprofit Accuses Harvard of Violating Federal Graves Protection and Repatriation Act

U.S. Reps Assess Biden’s Progress on Immigration at HKS Event

No Headline

In regard to the election of a Yard Committee, which takes place to-day, we would offer a few suggestions. In the first place, it should be borne in mind that for such a committee to be really effective, it should be composed of men who have decided influence among their classmates, - men who would prove competent to quell any undue disturbance without resorting to violent measures. The college does not need men distinguished for their size and weight, who could act as yard policemen in a case of necessity, but rather quiet, earnest men, who, by their cool, common sense, can control their excited fellows, and prevent any extravagant demonstrations. As to the Conference Committee, it should be remembered that it is a legislative body, elected for the purpose of creating a better understanding between the faculty and the students. The Yard Committee will be an executive body, whose duty it will be to preserve order in the college yard. And it is not desirable that these two bodies should be identical. Therefore let every man cast his vote to day for the most influential of his classmates, after due and thoughtful consideration. We trust that the result of to-day's election will be entirely satisfactory, and that every man in college will give his hearty support and co-operation to the gentlemen who shall be chosen for such responsible positions.