INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY ATHLETIC MEETING.

The spring meeting of the Athletic Club of the Institute of Technology took place Saturday afternoon in their gymnasium. The exhibition opened with the Standing High Jump; won by W. T. Ripley by a jump of 4 feet 8 1/2 inches.

There were four entries for the Rope Climping; won by C. A. Deshon.

For the Heavy Weight Tug-of-War two teams were entered - that of the Jamaica Plain Athletic Association and the Institute team. The Jamaica Plain team, although a middle weight team, succeeded in winning after a hard struggle.

In Putting the Shot, F. O. Harriman covered 29 feet 6 inches and won.

The Running High Kick was won by E. D. Dorchester by a record of 8 feet 5 inches.

The Pole Vaulting was well contested. There were six contestants; among them H. F. Mandell, Harvard '84. J. K. Simpson of the Union Athletic Club won by clearing 9 feet 4 inches.

W. T. Ripley won the two-hand Fence Vaulting by clearing 6 feet 11 1/2 inches.

The Running High Jump was easily won by J. L. Kimball by a record of 5 feet 3 3/4 inches.

The most exciting event of the day was the Middle Weight Tug-of-War. The entries were the Harvard '82 team, the Jamaica Plain team and that of the Institute. The Jamaica's won easily. Dr. Sargent of Harvard acted as referee.