A NOVEL SUIT.

The novel equity suit instituted by certain members of the junior class of the University of Pennsylvania against the senior class to secure the restoration to the Philomathean Society of the bowl fought for in the drawn bowl fight of 1878, at the conclusion of which the bowl was presented to the society, came up before Judges Allison, Peirce and Biddle Friday morning for argument on a demurrer to the bill. The bowl remained in the custody of the society until last December, when it was abstracted by the present defendants after the passage of a resolution giving it to the president of the senior class, which, it is now claimed by the plaintiffs, was invalid - first, because no quorum voted upon it; and, second, because it was not in the power of a majority of the society to vote its property to themselves or to any one of their number. The defendants' counsel urged chiefly that the bill should be dismissed because it was too frivolous to be entitled to the attention of the court. This view the counsel on the other side contested, urging that the object of the suit was an article of special and particular value, and that the suitors, both in age and intelligence, were entitled to the respect of the court. Decision was reserved.