TECHNICAL EDUCATION.

The Trades Council formed in Nottingham, England, two years ago to promote technical education, has established a college which will be opened next month. At a public meeting held at Nottingham a few days ago Mr. Samuel Morley made an eloquent address in favor of technical education. He said that working men were wanted one to make themselves the masters of the work they had to do by the means of intellectual thought and study. Some of the continental municipalities had made the most magnificent provision for the higher education of working men. Abundant facilities were afforded to them for perfecting themselves in their particular handicrafts, and this higher training had been found to be of extreme value in the production of a high quality of goods. In the counting-houses and ware-houses of England, clerks from abroad were presenting themselves with qualifications of a very high kind, the result of a training in schools where the teaching was essentially commercial. He pressed for the adoption of facilities of that kind in England.