The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT PRIZES.

The gentleman who offered, through the Harvard Athletic Association, the prizes for general development last year, desires to repeat the offer. The competition for many of the prizes and honors of the H. A. A. is practically limited to the strongest and largest men. And the training for the contest in which they are won is often brief and in spurts. On this account, the association deems it important that men of average or less than average strength should receive some special encouragement to faithful and steady work in the gymnasium and in the field. And it is only as another expression of the same idea that the association has established the autumn handicap contests. The prizes will be, as last year, a gold, a silver, and a bronze medal. All members of the university who wish to compete for them should make application for examination by Dr. Sargent on or before Wednesday, Oct. 17, and should state that they desire to be candidates, in order that their appointment for examination may not be too long delayed. The award will be based on the general physical improvement of the competitor between his two examinations, i.e. between November 1 and the time of the Winter Athletic Meetings in March. Dr. Sargent will be the sole judge, and the element of muscle-increase will be the principal one in making the decisions. The prizes will be given on the first Ladies' Day in the Winter Meetings.