GOV. BUTLER ON HARVARD.

The governor made the following remarks in reference to a well-known occurrence, in a speech delivered in Boston on Wednesday night: "At last, they said that he is a boor. He don't know the usages of good society. He is not well educated. He was not educated at Harvard. [Laughter.] Thereupon the fellows of Harvard College undertook, in contravention of all precedent, in contravention of all precedent, in contravention of all right, in contravention of the will of the people, and in insult to the people, undertook to deprive the governor of the people, duly elected, of what every other governor had had [cries of "Shame," "Shame,"] and when they did that they thought they probably could so incense the governor, so far strike at his self love, so far stir up his boorish feelings, that when he was called upon to do the duty to the college in his place as governor, that he would be as boorish as they. [Laughter and applause.] That he would know no more of the proprieties of life than they did. The governor of the Commonwealth appeared at Harvard. He had a turn with these men, and if you know anything about it, you know which came out second best. [Applause.]"