WHAT SOME OF OUR EXCHANGES SAY

"Miles, better known as 'Pie-mouth.' has taken the wings of the morning, and departed from our midst."

"Students may be divided into three general classes. First, those that regard the college and all that pertains to it as a great joke, to whom study is the varies stranger, and to whom time exists only to be killed, and the devil is usually at hand to help them kill it. Second are those who, while they appreciate the value of a college education, let a spirit of indolence or overweening interest in other matters draw them from their duties. The third class commonly known as 'digs,' are those who possess a stern sense of duty, or in whose minds the seeds of wisdom have sprung up and reach out their tiny leaflets on every side sucking in like the maelstrom, everything which comes within its reach."

"Vacation has passed, and it is with mingled feelings that we begin the next step of our college course. New faces are met at every turn, while old ones fill new places. Everything seems novel and strange to all at the beginning of a college year. The older and more experienced men on whom we leaned, and in whom our faith was grounded, have left the college halls, and inexperience and crudity must for a time be expected. [News.