HARVARD, '87, 4 GOALS, 1 TOUCHDOWN; ADAMS ACADEMY, 1 GOAL, 1 SAFETY. 24 to 6.

The freshman team played the second game yesterday afternoon at Quincy, and won another victory.

Game was called at 3.30, Adams having the kick-off, from which they forced the ball well down the field. But the freshmen pressed them rapidly back, and soon Cowling kicked a goal from the field, making the first score for Harvard. Shortly afterward Fiske made a touchdown by sharp playing, and Willard kicked the second goal. The rest of the three quarters was rather uninteresting, marked by poor tackling by the freshmen, and a provoking waste of time by Adams. Time was called with the ball well inside the Quincy men's territory.

In the second three quarters the ball was forced down to Adams' goal, and Willard scored a third goal by a pretty kick from the field. Adams now did some remarkably sharp playing, marked by brilliant rushing of Fargo and Slade, and the result was a touchdown by the former from which he scored a goal. The freshmen rallied however from the kick-off, and forced the ball rapidly back to Adams' goal. Willard made a high punt and following it up secured the ball, and after a maul-in-goal he scored a touchdown, but the try at goal was a failure. Soon after Cowling made a try for goal from the field, the ball hitting the goal post and rebounding. Adams was soon forced back and made their first safety, but after this until nearly the end of the three quarters they succeeded in keeping Harvard back of their 25-yard line. Shortly before the close however, Willard secured the ball and by a very pretty kick from the field scored the final goal. During the second three quarters Ayer was disabled, and was replaced by Carroll. On the whole the tackling of the freshmen was weak, and save a few brilliant individual plays the work of the rush line was not up to the standard. The play of the backs was strong, however, and gained most of the advantage for the team.

Fargo and Slade did well for the home team, and Cochrane, Fiske, Cowling, and Willard worked very effectively for the freshman. The teams were as follows:

Harvard, '87-Forwards; Higginson, Fiske. Ayer, Cochrane, (capt.,) Cushing, Zinkisen, Tilton; quarter back, Blodgett; half backs, Cowling and Willard; back, Peabody.

Adams-Forwards; Crocker, Whitman, Chapin, Aldrich, Edwards, Brooks, Burdett; quarter back, Slade; half backs, Fargo and Westland; back, Farnum. Referee, Mr. Hardwick, '84. Umpire for Adams; Mr. Pocock; for Harvard, '87, Mr. Brooks.