THE RIFLE CLUB.

The article published in your last number on the project of forming a rifle club meets with the hearty approval of many among the undergraduates, and as lover of field sports I am glad to see that the small spark of interest in shooting seems in a fair way to being rekindled. Let me suggest, however, that a club be formed which shall devote some of its attention to the class of students whose skill lies in the use of the shot-gun. Many of us are in the habit of devoting a part of our summer vacation to brush-shooting, or else find our sport in shooting beach birds over our decoys, and it is for the benefit of such that I would propose a club in which men could not only get that training which will be of use to them in shooting deer on an Adriondack runway, or moose in the Maine woods, but in which they can also get a sufficient amount of glass-ball or clay-pigeon practice to bring them into good form for their summer's field work among the birds.

In advocating this addition to the club's functions I do not wish to detract in the slightest degree from the interests of the rifle shooters, for I am myself an enthusiastic friend if the grooved barrel, as well as of the smooth bore, team may be got into training by the first of next term which shall shoot against some of the rifle clubs in the neighborhood during the springmonths, All that the shot-gun men ask is that some provison many be made for them by which they can obtain practice at least as early as March or April, so as to be ready for the spring shooting. A.