COMMUNICATIONS.

We invite all members of the university to contribute to our columns, but we do not hold ourselves responsible for any sentiments advanced in communications. Anonymous contributions will not be accepted.

CAMBRIDGE, Oct. 26th.

EDITORS OF THE HERALD-CRIMSON:-

Now that the regulations for Classday are being decided upon, I should like to remind the college in general, and the seniors in particular, that the question of admitting freshmen to the tree exercises is agitated each year at the wrong time. By anticipating it, considerable trouble and any feeling of unjust treatment on the part of '87 will be averted, if it be settled at the beginning of the year once for all; and certainly a spirit of fairness would suggest that a final decision now-before the freshmen have begun to look upon it as a right requiring columns of the HERALD-CRIMSON at the end of the year to maintain, and not waiting until the enthusiasm of the class be aroused by athletic success before crushing their youthful ardor by a refusal-is more equitable. Last year the students were so arranged as not to incommode apparently either guests or seniors. At any rate the unprecedently large numbers in college presage a vast amount of superfluous discussion, avert. In spite of any and all inconveniences, I believe the whole college would favor the admittance of any class winning two games of base ball from Yale. The decision, if against the class would be made conditional.

IN BEHALF OF '87.