BOAT CLUB MEETING.

At the Boat Club meeting last night reports were read by the secretary and treasurer, Messrs. Baylies and Sexton. Mr. Sexton's report showed that the expenses of the past year amounted to $6,118.06, and the receipts $6,260.83, leaving a balance of $142.77. Old bills to the amount of $1500 had been paid off, and although the receipts of this year were smaller than usual, by strict economy the debt had been lowered to $1000.00. Mr. E. A. S. Clarke, '84, stated that as he intended leaving Cambridge to-day, he had resigned his position as captain, and Mr. R. P. Perkins, '84, had been elected in his stead by the crew. The following officers were elected by acclamation: L. E. Sexton, '84, President; W. S. Bryant, '84, Vice-President; F. A Delano, '85, Secretary; and A. T. French, '85, Treasurer. Mr. Perkins announced that there would be a meeting of the candidates for the crew in his room on Monday night. It was decided on motion of Mr. Agassiz, that cups be presented to the crew, and on Mr. Coolidge's motion, that a dinner be given to the crew.

The Wesleyan foot ball team will play Harvard on Saturday.

There will be a meeting of the class of '84 tonight at 7.30 P. M. in Holden.

Prof. Wentworth is now acting as principal of Phill..ps Exeter Academy.

A four-oared crew from the Yale Theological Seminary will enter in the coming regatta.

Twenty men have successfully passed their anticipatory examination in sophomore rhetoric.

The directors of the Reading Room Association of the Law School held a meeting yesterday.

The introductory lecture in Pleading and Torts will be given today at twelve o'clock at the Law School.

A general assembly and smoking room is to be a feature of the Law School building.

A locker sufficiently large to hold wraps, umbrellas, etc., is assigned to each student in the Law School.

'87 will hold a meeting tonight at 7.30 P. M. in Boylston Hall for the election of class officers.

Mr. C. M. Hammond, '83, of last year's team, has begun practice with the eleven.

The final drawing in the singles of ten tennis tournament is Presbrey v. LeMoyne ; Taylor, a bye.

The editors of the Lampoon are requested to meet at 1 Holyoke street, at 7.30 this evening.

The Harvard Union will meet tonight at 8 o'clock in Sever 11 for election of officers and other regular business.

Mr. Jones will meet all members of the Freshmen class who are candidates for the Lee prize readings today at 10 A. M., in Holden.

'87 should not be backward about furnishing candidates for the crew.

Barnes, of last year's senior class, is at the Medical School.

Three mummies, said to be 300 years old, have been brought from Alaska, and have been duly entered at Yale College.

The lecture rooms in the Law School building are three in number. Two of them will seat a hundred, and one five hundred men.

There will be a meeting of the directors of the College Reading Room today at 4 P. M. in Weld 28.

W. B. NOBLE, President.The lacrosse team has secured the use of a field near the Brighton bridge for use until Holmes field is in a condition for use by the team.

A book has been placed at Bartlett's for subscriptions to the Lampoon. If 400 subscriptions are not obtained with-in a week the Lampoon will be discontinued.

The university nine practices every afternoon on Jarvis at 2 P. M. Freshmen who wish to be candidates will please present themselves on the field at that time.

L. V. LEMOYNE, Captain.The Committee in charge of raising the $4,000,000 asked for by Columbia college last spring, has met with great success, $1,000,000, already having been pledged.

In all, the attendance at Columbia, last year numbered 1513 students, divided as follows : School of Arts, 385 Mines, 264 ; Law, 491 ; Political Science, 30 ; Medicine, 543.

Notices have been posted requesting all students who have not yet registered to do so at once, as a catalogue containing names and addresses is to be published in advance of the regular prospectus.

The senior class elections in Yale College resulted as follows : Henry M. Wolf of Chicago, Ill., was elected class orator, Edward Wells, Jr., of Petkskill, N. Y., class poet, and Charles E. Holmes of Weeping Water, Neb., statistician.

In the second game with Wesleyan, Yale succeeded even better than in the first, winning the game by a score of fourteen goals, three touchdowns to four safety touchdowns. The features of the game were the kicking of Richards, who kicked a large number of goals form the field, and the rushing of Hyndman.