PRINCETON VS. WESLEYAN.

The Princetonian gives the following account of the Princeton-Wesleyan game : Game opened promptly at 2 : 30, by Princeton kicking off.

After fine kicking on both sides, the ball, from a kick by Moffat, was well stopped by a Wesleyan rusher, and the ball was had down too near our goal for comfort, but a fine run by Bird restored it to its proper place. Again there was kicking, very fine on both sides, Wesleyan also passing the ball with great judgment and accuracy, Saxe's punts for Wesleyan and Moffat's for Princeton being especially good. Then followed a good run by Lamar from a pass by Moffat, a run by Baker, and a fine catch by Belknap, but it was in vain ; the Wesleyan halfbacks had it all their own way. They invariably had time to run and then kick, which carried the ball further up the field than it had been before. Our rushers seemed unable to tackle them.

Time was soon called, with nothing scored, and with the ball near Wesleyan's goal. Wesleyan was naturally crazy with enthusiasm, and cheered loudly, while Princeton was troubled, and waited for the second half.

In the second half Princeton went in to win, and played with an energy that would have added much to our score if employed in the first half. In a few minutes Lamar made a fair catch in front of Wesleyan's goal, and from this Moffat kicked a goal, the first point made. After some play the ball was forced near Wesleyan's line. The ball was punted by Saxe high and straight up in the air. Judd in trying for a catch, fumbled the ball, and in a second Kimball had a touchdown. From this a goal was kicked. Soon Belknap had a free catch in a favorable place, and Moffat tried for a goal, but failed. When the ball was returned Lamar seized it, and, by a beautiful run, brought it near the line. Moffat tried for goal again, without success. Soon after the ball was well stopped by Belknap, secured by Princeton, and in an instant Moffat had kicked another goal. The kick-off was stopped by our rushers. Belknap seized the ball and rushed down the field. When tackled, after a good run, he passed the ball to Bird, who got a little further and then was downed very near Wesleyan's lines. The ball was then thrown to Moffat, who made a pretty run and secured a touchdown. From this the ball was punted out to Kimball, but so wildly that he could not get it. Travers, however, at last secured it, and it was passed back to Moffat, who kicked another goal. After play back and forth, DeCamp got the ball and rushed across the line, but was tackled and lost the ball, so that a safety for Wesleyan was the only result. In a few moments more time was called, with a final score of 24 points to nothing in Princeton's favor.

Wesleyan presented a strong team, and played in good style. Their rushers broke through continually in the first half. They tackled surely and passed well. The kicking of the halfbacks, Saxe and Beatty, was also remarkable. The playing off-side, which Wesleyan has down to a science, was quite effective, and by it many of Moffat's kicks were stopped.

In the first our team's play was disappointing, but the sense of necessity braced them up, and in the second half fewer errors were made. They were noticeably deficient, however, in geting the ball, and, all in all, the game was a disappointing one.

Princeton.-Forwards-Wanamaker, Travers, DeCamp, Harlan, Bird, Harris, Belknap. Quarter-back-Kimball, Half-backs-Moffat, Baker. Full-back-Lamar.