The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

No Headline

While in the main we agree with our correspondent of to-day, we cannot approve of his more violent phrases. It is true that a tendency of Harvard student-correspondents of leading daily papers to bring discredit on their Alma Mater by sensational writing is becoming day by day more noticeable. If any reporter exaggerates what he hears, he is to be severely criticized. For the college-man who endeavors to make capital for himself or for his paper by gross misrepresentations of college events, no criticism is too sharp, no condemnation too severe. A man, who can so forget his own honor as to bring by any wilful action any stain on the good name of his own college, ought to be regarded as a source of harm to the college world, and to be so treated by his fellow students. Such men, we regret to say, exist in our college.

The lack of principle in their correspondence may be due to mere thought-lessness. Let us so regard it for the present. If, however, no improvement is seen hereafter, then charity can serve no longer as a cloak for this evil.