NOTES AND COMMENTS.

Harvard's "bloody Monday" has ceased to bleed. [Ex.

Yale is working hard at lacrosse this fall. Harvard and Yale will both have freshmen twelves.

Yale beat Wesleyan 14 goals, 3 touchdowns to 0, and Harvard beat the same eleven 3 goals, 3 touchdowns, to 6; and Princeton hasn't beaten a thing. But it don't signify. [Princetonian.

There can be no doubt but that Yale at present has the two best halfbacks in the intercollegiate association. [Yale News. We have halfbacks to, but we don't boast. [Princetonian.

Texas stands at the head in regard to the endowment of its university. It has an endowment of $5,250,000, and 1,000,000 acres of land. [Ex.

President Porter of Yale, testifies emphatically in favor of college athletics, stating that they not only benefit physically, but even morally. [Ex.

Literary ability must be scarce at Yale to call forth the following in the Record: "The Record offers the following prizes to undergraduates of any department of the university: Ten dollars for the best story or sketch; ten dollars for the largest number of published verses; ten dollars for the best light essay, humorous or otherwise. The result will be announced in the last issue of this term."