YALE CRITICISMS.

The News gives the following excellent criticism of the game on Saturday :

"The Princeton men were much the lighter, but what they wanted in weight they more than made up in science. The wonderful kicking of Moffat was really what won them the game, and had Harvard had such a man as he, her, score would have compared much more favorably with that of her opponents. One of Princeton's strongest points lay in playing well together and backing up each other whenever they held the ball. This enabled them to do some very effective passing, in which they showed themselves well trained. When a Princeton man started to make a run, the ball would invariably change hands three or four times before the Harvard rushers could make it down. In marked contrast to this was the lack of union in the play of Harvard. A Harvard rusher in making a run was seldom backed up by anyone, and a very little passing was attempted. The tackling of the Princeton team was low and hard, but the light weight of the men sometimes prevented the immediate stopping of the rushers. Lamar, Baker and Kimball made some good runs for Princeton, Lamar especially showing himself a fine dodger. Harvard failed to fall on the ball well, and often lost it by a slipping under of a Princeton man. Kendall, Bonsal and Gilman did good work for Harvard in the rusher line, but the half-backs were easily rattled and fumbled badly. The Harvard rushers, though they threw their man hard when they once got hold of him, tackled too high and too much to the side. Cowling, the back, did some good long kicking for Harvard."