THE FISKE WILL CASE AT CORNELL.

The testimony introduced at the recent trial of the Fiske will case goes far to prove one of the leading points of the contestant, that at the time of the death of Mrs. Fiske, Sept. 30, 1881, the university already held property exceeding $3,000,000, the limit fixed by its charter. At that time the university, according to the testimony of Treasurer Wiliams, held property to the amount of about $2,800,000, exclusive of about 275,000 acres of Western lands. The suit, however, will be bitterly contested by the university at every point, and may be kept in the courts ten or twenty years, or even until the death of the plaintiff. The university, however, will not be bandrupt even if the entire

Fiske bequest is lost for by the last financial statement, made on Jan. 1, 1883, the university property amounted to $4,699,582, exclusive of 168,000 acres of Western lands still unsold, and of the $768,800 already received from the Fiske estate. The principal loss will be in the enforced delay of the new library building and the Students' Hospital, for which Mrs. Fiske left $30,000. [Ex.