The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

No Headline

The system of handicapping, or, more properly, of barring out, which the officers of the Harvard Athletic Association propose to adopt in a limited number of events in the coming fall athletic meeting, offers exceptional inducements for men desiring to compete yet fearing the overwhelming odds of defeat, to enter themselves for these events. If Harvard is to maintain her supremacy in general athletics for the future, it is certainly necessary, in view of the large athletic loss that the college sustained in the departure of the class of '82, that a large number of new entries be made this fall and next spring from the lower classes, and especially from '86. In the loss that we suffer (at least temporarily) through the departure of our regular trainer, greater enthusiasm and energy will be demanded from all, both contestants and members of the association, to insure for us this year a success similar to that of the past season. We are assured from the character of the executive that no effort will be spared on the part of the officers of the association to insure this success. Only let proper co-operation come from all members of the association and we may even hope to surpass the success of former years.