The New Gen Ed Lottery System, Explained

Armed Individuals Sighted in Harvard Square Arraigned

Harvard Students Form Coalition Supporting Slave Photo Lawsuit's Demands

Police Apprehend Armed Man and Woman in Central Square

107 Faculty Called for Review of Tenure Procedures in Letter to Dean Gay

No Headline

It is strange that in the senior year a class will withdraw its support from its athletic teams, especially when those teams have done creditable work for three years; yet ninety-four is doing precisely this thing with the football team. The contrast between the number of men who may be seen on Norton's Field every afternoon trying for positions on the freshman, sophomore and junior teams and the number supporting the seniors is very marked. Why more men do not try for the team is hard to tell. There is no logical reason for it. If a class team ever ought to be made to win it should be in its senior year, for in this year the discredit of defeat is greatest. Yesterday afternoon there were scarcely men enough to make one side of a game, and had the captain not arranged a practice match with another class no good work could have been done. Of course only eleven men can be on the team, but thirty is not too many to dispute the claim for positions. If there are not many heavy men in the class, weight should be made up in numbers. All that we can do in an editorial is to put this matter before the class. The men who have played should take the question in hand and exert themselves to personal inquiry among possible candidates. This, and only this, will bring out the requisite number of men.