YALE'S VIEWS

As to the Race as Expressed by the News.

It will rejoice all friends of the university that such a manly stand has been taken by Yale. Harvard has long enough dictated to Yale as to her every line of action in contests between the two colleges, and Yale has in almost every instance bowed down to the wishes of her rival and consented to submit to her dictation. Harvard's last letter, as the Record aptly expressed it, reduces down to the statement that she is willing to do anything fair and square provided that Yale does just what she wants. Time and again has Yale given in to Harvard. [Sic?]

Much as Yale wants this race to be rowed, it would be simply an humiliation to accept Harvard's terms proposed in her last letter. If the Harvard representatives choose to meet our president and captain and to take measures in a fair and honorable way to arrange a race, such a race will be rowed next June. If not, Yale ret res from all further discussion on the subject, confident of justification in the eyes of the outside and unprejudiced world. - [News.