THE TUG-OF-WAR TEAMS.

The basement of the gymnasium is generally very well filled by students who go to see the tug-of-war teams pull every afternoon. The first team that pulls is the senior, which may be seen on the cleats at 4. The men who are trying for it are Easton and Getchell for the place of anchor, and Batchelder, Ranney, R. Coolidge, Fuller and Lilienthal for the other three places.

The junior team pulls at about 4.20. It is composed of the same men as last year, with the exception of Bryant, whose place is generally taken by Crane. LeMoyne has come back, and is now practising with the team.

The team of the sophomore class has not as yet been decided on, but the men who are trying for it are Baldwin and Harrington for anchor; Foster, Gorham, Hazard, Simpkins, Bradford (captain), Peirson, Carnochan and Simes. These pull at 4.37 sharp.

The freshman team, pulling at 5.15, will probably be composed of Adams (capt.), H. T. Allen, Cabot, and Dewey (anchor). The other freshmen who pull are only scratch teams for the purpose of giving the team practice. It is difficult to get men to pull at all on the teams as the work is very hard, and so the captains deserve great credit in having so many men trying for the teams.