The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

No Headline

The announcement of the resignation of Mr. Jones from his position as instructor in elocution and the consequent abolition of the study of vocal expression for the present, has been received with no ordinary surprise. It had been hoped that the work in elocution here would receive a new character from the efforts of the Shakspere Club, and from the elective in the subject open to the students. But the resignation of an instructor who has shown himself so capable, cannot but militate against the successful continuance of elocutionary study for the present. We feel assured that the many friends whom Mr. Jones has gained, will extend to him some degree of the appreciation which all must hold for his work during the past.

It is seldom that an instructor is afforded the opportunity of becoming so closely related with the undergraduates as has been given Mr. Jones in his work, but it is even more seldom that an instructor has been able so to gain the universal good will of the students with whom he has been so related. We wish Mr. Jones every success for the future and trust that he may be speedily induced to return to his work at Harvard.