The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

No Headline

Wednesday's Advertiser contains an exceedingly interesting article on "Political Economy at Harvard," being an argument for the extension of the subject in the college by added electives and a plea for aid to the university for making this improvement. Political economy, the writer claims, is the most popular study at Harvard and in importance is second to none. It is rumored, he says, that on the return of Professor Dunbar in September the teaching force in this department will be reduced to one, that one being Professor Dunbar. The corporation offering no inducements to Dr. Laughlin to remain, it is said that he is now negotiating for a post elsewhere. Harvard, he says does not keep up with current thought in political and economic questions. The Toppan prize, the Cobden Club essays, the debates of the Union and "the experiments in practical economy constantly tested at Memorial Hall (very 'economical' if not practical) and the Co-operative Society" illustrate Harvard's interest in practical economic discussions.