PIERIAN RECITALS.

EDITORS HARVARD HERALD: Will you kindly permit me the use of your columns for announcing a new departure which the Pierian Sodality is about to undertake? Knowing how few are the opportunities that most students have of knowing the class of music which has been written for one or two instruments, rather than a whole orchestra, the management have thought that such an opportunity might be welcomed by not a few. They have, therefore, resolved to make the experiment this Thursday evening and hope that all those who feel an interest will show it by attending. The Pierian propose, then, to give an informal recital at their rooms in Roberts' Block, Brattle square, on that evening at 7.15 o'clock, to which all members of the university will be admitted on payment of twenty-five cents. The programme will consist of solos for the piano, violin, flute and 'cello, and probably a quartette for strings, and the special point is to be that only such pieces are to be played as were really written for those instruments. It is hoped that in this way a popular and interesting form of entertainment may be introduced here.

MORRIS LOEB.