The New Gen Ed Lottery System, Explained

Armed Individuals Sighted in Harvard Square Arraigned

Harvard Students Form Coalition Supporting Slave Photo Lawsuit's Demands

Police Apprehend Armed Man and Woman in Central Square

107 Faculty Called for Review of Tenure Procedures in Letter to Dean Gay

No Headline

To-night the Harvard Union begins a new year of its history. For many years the Union has lived a useful life, affording members of the University advantages for debate and extemporaneous speaking that can be obtained from no college course, except, perhaps, English 6.

The officers of the Union take pains to appoint subjects of live interest for the debates and the society has never lacked enthusiastic supporters. The meetings last year were well attended and the interest shown by outsiders was unusual.

In spite of the disgraceful affair of last spring, that inevitably detracted somewhat from the society's good name, the Union promises to start out this year with new life and it is safe to predict that the scene of last year will not be repeated. The great good to be obtained from speaking at the debates cannot be over estimated. No man need hesitate from modesty of his own ability; everybody may feel certain of a cordial reception, and the faults of inexperienced speakers are gladly overlooked.

But even if men do not care to avail themselves of the advantages offered for speaking, no little useful information and not a few ideas well worth hearing, will make it pay for anyone to attend the Union debates.

Freshmen in particular are urged to attend the debates and take part in the speaking.