THE GLEE CLUB.

EDITORS HARVARD HERALD: In your issue of this morning you intimate that the college has not been as generous in the support of the Glee Club as that organization had a right to expect. On that very point I beg leave to differ with the HERALD. Instead of the college having failed in its duty to the Glee Club I think precisely the reverse has been the case. The Glee Club this year has been much below the standard of former years. It is ridiculous to suppose that a university as large as is Harvard cannot produce a better club. The club is entirely too small to render our popular choruses with anything like the proper effect. As far as the college owing anything to the club is concerned, we think it the right of the college to expect the open-air concerts from the club. By giving such concerts, the club earns the right to expect its own regular concerts to be patronized. While the two senior societies have gone to the trouble of giving theatricals in favor of the boat club, the Glee Club was unable or unwilling to produce a quartette at one of these performances, although they had allowed the managers to advertise that the quartette would sing. These considerations, among others, lead me to doubt the statement of the HERALD to the effect that the college has not earned the right to expect open-air singing from the Glee Club. The question seems to be more - does the Glee Club deserve the support of the college?

R. B.