UNIVERSITY CREW.

EDITORS HARVARD HERALD - Dear Sirs: The treasurer of the crew has gone to New London, and the crew still needs one thousand dollars to pay its debts. The treasurer has done his best and can do no more, and it lies with the college whether they will place the crew out of debt or not. There is certainly one thousand dollars in college which could be subscribed to the crew without serious inconvenience to the subscribers, and I hope it will be done. I therefore ask the HERALD to be kind enough to receive cash subscriptions for the crew, and to put some notice to that effect in its columns. Subscriptions should be acknowledged by receipt and notice of the amounts subscribed by each class be published from time to time, and any legitimate expenses be subtracted from the receipts. Men who have already subscribed should not let this influence them, but should subscribe again if possible. I am in no way connected with the management of the boat club myself, but I think it a disgrace that the crew should continue in debt any longer and am very glad to enclose a check for $25 toward its support, which is my second subscription this year. Hoping that every one will subscribe all he can afford, and with many thanks to the HERALD if they will adopt my suggestion during the absence of the treasurer of the crew, I am, yours truly,

J. '84.