No Headline

EDITORS DAILY CRIMSON:-It is a mistake to say that if the college marches in the Republican procession it will be an act of no political significance. The managers of the Independent movement have laid great stress on the fact that the young men of the country, being more free from party habits and party bias, can see Blaine's record in its true light, and are refusing to vote for him. If we march with the Republicans, then, this statement is disproved ; if we march with the Independents and Democrats, this statement is proven true. Moreover, as shown by Mr. Warner in your issue of yesterday, it has not been custom, but tacit obedience to the wishes of the majority, that has led the students to march heretofore in the Republican procession. Then let the majority rule now, on whichever side it may prove to be ! Let us go as a unit, let us all go, and so hand down to our college posterity this good old college frolic ! We are not citizens yet, nor "law-pills." We are students, and our first duty is to college customs. So let us have no political transparences, let the minority have a meeting and declare themselves not bound by their actions to support the candidates of the procession in which they march, and then let us all go in together and have a better time, if possible, than the students ever had before.

A. B.