Thanksgiving.

HOW THE DAY WAS OBSERVED AT COLLEGE.

The number of men who stay in Cambridge on Thanksgiving day is always small, and yesterday even fewer students than usual were to be seen around the yard. The chief event of the day was, of course, the annual game between the rival elevens representing the waiters of Memorial. This important match was played on Jarvis, in the presence of about 100 students, and resulted in a victory for the team representing the west, or lower end of the hall, by a score of 14 to 8. Another diversion was created, soon after the close of the game, by the appearance of a procession composed of a fife and drum corps, a wheel barrow, a jubilant, and somewhat suspiciously hilarious Cleveland man, and a perspiring and crestfallen Blaine man, the whole escorted by about 200 urchins.

The afternoon was passed in speculating on the quality of the dinner to be served in Memorial, and anxiously awaiting the report of the Yale-Princeton game. The tables at Memorial were but thinly tenanted at dinner, and luckily, for the bill of fare was far inferior to those of previous years. When it became dark, the yard presented a most dreary spectacle, only a light here and there showing where some junior was grinding out the 1500 words of his forensic.